HTTPS is broken

Forums » Site and Policy » HTTPS is broken Search Posts
Started by shantih19
Posted
3 replies
Subscribe
shantih19

Hi,

For some reason if I try to access the site via https it says connection refused, it works fine without SSL.
Is the 443 port blocked?

shan
shantih19

@Sonata Dusk

So you don't use a separate nginx or any other reverse proxy/loadbalancer? I saw that philomena uses openresty and I guess the problems stem from that (and/or from the Endpoints config)

I'm trying to setup my personal instance for fun but the lack of documentation doesn't help, still pretty amazing software
Sonata Dusk

Site Administrator
Site Developer
For Realzies
@shantih19

Belatedly:

The installation instructions given in the philomena repo are incomplete, but in such a way that you can get awfully far before it becomes apparent that the installation instructions are incomplete. Among the issues are several things that make it impossible as published to run in "production" mode. Unfortunately, that is required to be able to tie in a cert from Let's Encrypt.

Four years ago, it was said that complete installation instructions would be done in six months. As of right now, there still aren't any instructions.

My health has taken a few hits since opening AMS, so I no longer have entire weekends to devote to attempting to update Philomena. But I haven't given up yet, and if I can manage to create a procedure to get Philomena properly up and running, I'll publish it.
Interested in advertising on mobius.social? Click here for information!
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 HD Project

Mobius.social costs $2 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~